2017 San Francisco Raffle Rules
- TO ENTER. From April 17, 2017 at 9 a.m. through April 28, 2017 at 9:00 p.m. (CST) or until 300 tickets have been sold, ("Entry Period"), entrants may enter the GLBT Chamber of Commerce Foundation Great San Francisco Raffle II ("Raffle") by purchasing a raffle ticket from an authorized employee or agent of the GLBT Chamber of Commerce Foundation for $50, payable to the GLBT Chamber of Commerce Foundation and completing a registration form which will include name, complete address, city, state, zip code, e-mail address (if available), and telephone number. Tickets may also be purchased within the state of Texas over the internet at http://bit.ly/2017COEDinner. Purchases made from outside Texas will be voided. Internet sales end on April 28, 2017 at 9:00 a.m.NOTE: DEADLINE TO PURCHASE TICKETS ONLINE IS 9:00 PM, APRIL 28th OR UNTIL 300 TICKETS ARE SOLD.OFFICIAL DRAWING. The official drawing will take place on April 28,
2017 at approximately 9:30 p.m. at the Celebration of Excellence Dinner; Renaissance Dallas Hotel, 2222 N. Stemmons Freeway, Dallas, TX 75207
- SPONSOR. The Raffle is sponsored by the GLBT Chamber of Commerce Foundation, a Texas non-profit corporation ("Sponsor"). All decisions of the Sponsor are final.
- CONDITIONS. An eligible entrant may only enter via the ticket purchasing methods as described above. Incomplete entries are void. By entering, entrants acknowledge compliance with these official rules including all eligibility requirements. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Neither Sponsor nor advertising and promotion agencies are responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or any other error or malfunction, or late, lost, illegible or misdirected entries. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. No copies, facsimiles, or reproductions of entries will be accepted.
- DETERMINATION OF WINNER. A random drawing will be conducted on April 28, 2017 from among all eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received, not to exceed 300 tickets sold. The winner will be notified by telephone, mail, and/or email. The winner will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility and release, which must be completed and returned within four (4) days of issuance of notification or an alternate winner will be selected. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of this Raffle is unlawful and subject to legal action by the Sponsor or its agents. TICKETS (PRIZE) ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE AND CANNOT BE SOLD.
- PRIZE. The winner will airfare for two (2) from Dallas to San Francisco, two (2) night accommodations at, and two tickets to Beach Blanket Babylon. Prize items may be provided in the form of vouchers, airline miles, gift certificates, etc. Prize may not be exchanged for cash value. Winner is responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- ELIGIBILITY. The Raffle is open to legal residents of the United States, who are physically located in the State of Texas, United States and who are 18 years of age or older as of April 24, 2017. The Raffle is void where prohibited. Employees and Directors of the Sponsor and their immediate families are not eligible to win the prize. Immediate family is defined as, through either blood or marriage, one degree of familial relationship (including in-laws and step-family), such as your spouse, your siblings, your parents, and your children. Immediate family does not include remote family members (including in-laws and step-family), such as grandchildren, grandparents, nieces, or nephews.
- WINNER'S NAME. For the name of the prize winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: GLBT Chamber of Commerce Foundation, ATTN: Raffle Winner's Name, 3824 Cedar Springs Road, #429, Dallas, TX 75219, or log on to https://www.glbtchamber.com/official-rules
- RULES REQUESTS. To receive a copy of the official rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the same address listed in Item 7, ATTN: Raffle Rules, or log onto https://www.glbtchamber.com/official-rules
- TAXES. All applicable federal, state, and local tax associated with winning the prize in the Raffle will be the sole responsibility of the winner. The winner shall be provided an IRS Form 1099 for income tax purposes because the value of the prize exceeds $500.
- LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY AND DISCLAIMERS. Sponsor, its employees, and its Directors, will not be responsible for or liable to any prize winner, winner's family, or estate for any submissions of entries that are lost, late, illegible, damaged, incomplete, or incorrect. Sponsor may, at any time it chooses without recourse, decide to terminate or modify the Raffle if the integrity of the Raffle appears to be compromised. If the Raffle canceled, all monies paid for raffle tickets will be returned to entrants. Decisions of the Sponsor related to the winner, interpretation of official rules, and other matters related to this Raffle are final.Sponsor makes no warranty of any nature with respect to the raffle or the prize, whether in respect of fitness for a particular purpose, satisfactory quality or otherwise. Entrants acknowledge that, except as specifically set forth herein, Sponsor has not made and disclaims all liability for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, infact or in law, related to the raffle or the prize. All entrants, by entering, agree to be bound by these official rules. By accepting the prize, winner agrees to release Sponsor, its directors, employees, officers, or agents, from any and all liability, loss, or personal or property damages arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with the awarding, receipt, accepting, using or misusing of the prize or participation in any prize-related activities.
- GOVERNING LAW. This Raffle is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. All disputes surrounding the Raffle and any prize awarded hereunder will be subject to the substantive laws of Texas. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- GENERAL. Winner consents to the use of his or her name, biographical information, photographs and/or likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of the winner. Purchased tickets are not tax deductible nor considered a donation to the Sponsor. Winners and guests must demonstrate appropriate and respectful behavior during the event inappropriate behavior may result in forfeiture of prize.